Friday 21 December 2012

Reflection for Oral Presentation (Digital Portfolio)

Nur Fatin Atiqah Binti Abdul Rahman
AH100600

Five minutes and then you go babbling until out of a sudden the time is up! Then you began to think back, what had you said in front of the audience? Had you really presented what is necessary? Or did you just stand in front and said it out loud word by word whatever you had written on the slide?

Five minutes and that's all. Not more than that. Quite difficult for me if you asked me.

Throughout my studies in UTM, I had never been given a specific time when it comes to presenting in front. Therefore, I (as well as the rest of my friends) would tend to present every single things that we had written on our slide. It will pretty much depending on how many slides do we have. If there is only few slides, then the time we need to present would be less compared to those who have more than 35 slides! (Just a random number by the way!).

Thus when it comes to this digital portfolio presentation, I am quite nervous. First, it may be due to the lack of preparation that I had as I am the person who are quite laid back when it comes to presentation and secondly, because I don't know what to talk in front of the class (okay, also due to the lack of preparation that I did)! So I was like, "Just go with the flow!" and pray hard that all will went well.

And it did went well! Very well, mind you.

(You noticed how when you just go with the flow and everything came out perfect in contrast to when you had spent hours trying to plan and prepare? Yep, life is like that.)

 So from this whole 5 minutes of fame, I've actually learn a lot! Most probably in terms of what are the most important, the most crucial, the most essential information to disseminate to the audience. Not every single thing should be presented because then it would bore the audience. The only thing that you should bear in mind is that just present the best quality that you have (referring to the digital portfolio presentation). If you happened to be the student ambassador for a certain NGO then present it with proud to the audience because in the end, the main point of this digital portfolio presentation is to market yourself to potential employers, and if you are not proud with your achievements, then who will?

With that, I thank you.

P.S: I don't know if I am being reflective enough... 


No comments:

Post a Comment